Equinor onshore projects

We have interests in four onshore licences in the prolific Vaca Muerta formation in the province of Neuquen: 

  • Bajo del Toro where we are partner with 50% interest. The operator YPF hold the remaining 50%.  
  • Bajo del Toro Este that Equinor was awarded in 2017 and where we are operator with a 90% interest. Gas y Petróleo del Neuquén (GyP) hold the remaining 10% interest as partner. The licence borders the Bajo del Toro licence to the east. 
  • Aguila Mora Noreste that Equinor was awarded in 2019 as operator with a 90% interest. Gas y Petróleo del Neuquén (GyP) hold the remaining 10% as partner. To the north the Aguila Mora Noreste licence borders both to the Bajo del Toro and the Bajo del Toro Este licences.
  • The producing block, Bandurria Sur where Equinor and Shell hold 60% interest (30% each) through their partnership in Bandurria Sur Investments, with operator YPF holding the remaining 40%. The block is in early development phase and located in the central area of the prolific Vaca Muerta play.